Jones Gill LLP combines its legal expertise with a thorough understanding of the technical, strategic and financial issues facing the oil and gas industry, providing pragmatic and cost-effective representation. Examining oil and gas title is a complex, detail-driven process, and Jones Gill attorneys bring the breadth of experience and know-how necessary to get the job done right the first time, recommend the most practical curative measures, and draft effective curative instruments. Rendering oil and gas title opinions in the unconventional shale plays often requires delving into complex mineral severances and conveyances, sophisticated leasehold divisions, and large leasehold units covering multiple depth severances. We understand the oil and gas industry, and understand our role as counsel in helping clients assess risks and resolve problems so they can move forward with their business plans and development goals. Jones Gill LLP attorneys are keen to the nuances involved in horizontal drilling, the various shale plays, and multi-jurisdictional exploration and production.
Jones Gill LLP attorneys are licensed to work in Illinois, Louisiana, North Dakota, Ohio, Texas, and Oklahoma. We have represented some of the most prominent energy companies in the Bakken, Barnett, Eagle Ford, Haynesville, Anadarko Basin, Arkoma Basin, Niobrara shale plays, as well as the Permian Basin. We regularly represent our clients in the following:
- Examination and preparation of purpose-driven title opinions, including original drilling opinions, supplemental opinions, acquisition opinions, division order title opinions, leasehold title opinions, and banking title opinions
- Drafting of lease assignments, overriding royalty assignments, and contracts for sale, with experience handling both sides of the transaction, including anti-washout clauses, indemnity provisions, environmental provisions, depth severances, term-ownership limitations, etc.
- Drafting of pooling and unitization agreements
- Advising on complex and advanced leasing and title issues
- Drafting of curative instruments
- Drafting of oil and gas leases, amendments, and ratifications
- Drafting of mineral and royalty deeds
- Drafting and analysis of operating agreements, joint operating agreements, farmout agreements, areas of mutual interest, etc.
- Preparation and analysis of transactional instruments affecting the title and ownership of mineral and surface estates, royalty interests, and working interests
- Detailed lease analysis
- Mineral receivership representation